Here’s a brief overview explaining how automatic standby generators work and what they can do to make your life easier.
Perhaps the most distinctive capability is that these generators are in fact automatic. This means that when the power goes out, you may only notice it for a few seconds, if at all. There is no wondering or waiting. Automatic standby generators go to work within 15-30 seconds.
An automatic standby generator is located outside of your home or business, thus eliminating the need to find indoor storage space. Automatic standby generators connect to your home’s electrical circuits where they monitor incoming utility power. In the event of a power outage, the electricity seamlessly switches from utility to generator power, and then back again once power has been restored.
Here’s a break-down of what happens in sequence:
- The automatic standby generator monitors utility voltage non-stop, 24/7.
- When electricity is interrupted, the generator immediately detects the problem, and goes to work.
- The transfer switch safely disconnects the utility line and transfers to generator power, so there is no need for you to touch anything.
- Power is restored within seconds.
- After the utility has been restored, the generator returns to standby mode.
Generac Automatic Standby Generators use proven technology to ensure that your business and your home are covered in the event of a power outage emergency.